VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 5 tablespoons raspberry liqueur, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 4 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- Place cranberry sauce in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Strain and discard pulp. Stir in 3 tablespoons liqueur; set aside.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Meanwhile, place chocolate in another small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream, sugar and salt just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- Stir a small amount of chocolate mixture into gelatin mixture until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in 1 cup cranberry puree and vanilla. Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining cranberry puree and liqueur; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Unmold onto serving plates. Serve with sauce and garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Dark Chocolate Panna Cotta in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012 , p69