Dark Chocolate Panna Cotta Recipe
Everything about this dessert, from the pretty presentation to its silky smooth texture, says "special." Rich chocolate is accented by the flavor of sweet, ripe berries perfectly. —Susan Asanovic, Wilton, Connecticut
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 5 tablespoons raspberry liqueur, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 4 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- Place cranberry sauce in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Strain and discard pulp. Stir in 3 tablespoons liqueur; set aside.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Meanwhile, place chocolate in another small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream, sugar and salt just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- Stir a small amount of chocolate mixture into gelatin mixture until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in 1 cup cranberry puree and vanilla. Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining cranberry puree and liqueur; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Unmold onto serving plates. Serve with sauce and garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Dark Chocolate Panna Cotta in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p69
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Panna Cotta(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >