- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange peel and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- Spread into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Orange Blondies
"It is nice to find some easy, small-batch desserts. It is perfect for those cooking for 1 or 2!"
"While searching for a quick dessert to make for supper, I came across this recipe and decided to give it a try. I'm sure glad I did! These bars came together quickly and were something a little out of the ordinary. My husband and I really enjoyed the orange/chocolate combination and I'll definitely make them again!"