"This is a nice change from the traditional blondie, especially for those who crave the combo of orange and chocolate," writes Kerri Pelz from Hendersonville, North Carolina. "An 8-inch loaf pan makes the perfect amount for two to snack on!"
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange peel and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- Spread into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dark Chocolate Orange Blondies in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p64
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Orange Blondies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review