- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, combine the cream, sugar and corn syrup in a small
- saucepan. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring
- constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate and butter until
- Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until desired
- consistency, stirring occasionally. Spread frosting between layers
- and over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 816 calories, 41 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 112 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 11 g protein.