- large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until center is just set and
- top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool
- completely on a wire rack.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of
- pan. Place cake on a serving platter. For ganache, place chocolate
- in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil.
- Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring
- Pour over cake, allowing ganache to drape down the sides. Let stand
- until set. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and
- pomegranate seeds and dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without garnishes) equals 356 calories, 28 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.