Dark Chocolate Flourless Cake Recipe
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Optional garnishes: whipped cream, pomegranate seeds and confectioners' sugar
- Line the bottom of a buttered 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; butter the paper and sides of pan. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small saucepan, bring pomegranate juice and sugar to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or syrupy. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in pomegranate mixture. Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk eggs into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Place cake on a serving platter. For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over cake, allowing ganache to drape down the sides. Let stand until set. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and pomegranate seeds and dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Flourless Cake(3)
Sort By :
I make this cake for Christmas and I've had people drop by just because they know I've made it. Sometimes I add dark cherries instead of the pomegranate seeds. It's great either way.
I made this beautiful cake for Christmas this year. It tasted as good as it looked. Amazing!!
This cake is fabulous!! I made this cake for Christmas and everyone loved it. I followed the recipe exactly without any problems but did skip the garnish. It was wonderful all by itself but I think it would be incredible with a raspberry sauce drizzles on top!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >