- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Gently stir in butter and vanilla. Spoon into pastry shell. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Cream Pie
Sort By :
"Luv this pie for large get togethers. I've made triple batches and it comes out great. I round up to four ounces of chocolate cuz who has use for the last bit in the pack? Comes in 4oz packs for a reason"
"This pie is good, but I have a GREAT recipe with meringue I lieu of whipped topping...so much better!!!!!"
"I have been looking for "The Perfect Chocolate Pie" this was a winner all the way around just like my grandmother use to make!!"
"This pie is really good and chocolate-y. It definitely needs a whipped cream topping,to balance out the chocolate. Tasted yummy!"
"Best chocolate pie ever!"