Dark Chocolate-Chili Fondue
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 dark chocolate candy bars (3-1/2 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherries with stems, sliced bananas, fresh strawberries, dried apricots, dried figs, ladyfingers and/or cubed miniature croissants
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate with cream, milk, butter,
- sugar, chili pepper, cinnamon and cayenne. Remove from the heat;
- stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with dippers of
- your choice. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup fondue (calculated without dippers) equals 413 calories, 28 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.