Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and quartered
- 3 dark chocolate candy bars (1.45 ounces each), chopped, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. Pat cherries dry with paper towels; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup chopped candy bars with oil; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, extract, salt and melted chocolate. Add flour; mix well. Stir in cherries and remaining candy bars.
- 2. Spread into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 260 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
"OK, what's with the 9"X 5" LOAF pan???? Aren't these things checked? Makes it very difficult to trust the recipes here"