Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and quartered
- 3 dark chocolate candy bars (1.45 ounces each), chopped, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. Pat cherries dry with paper towels; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup chopped candy bars with oil; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, extract, salt and melted chocolate. Add flour; mix well. Stir in cherries and remaining candy bars.
- 2. Spread into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 260 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
"OK, what's with the 9"X 5" LOAF pan???? Aren't these things checked? Makes it very difficult to trust the recipes here"