Remember the days at Grama and Grampa's house when you make these wonderfully traditional treats. The blended taste of bourbon and pecans is irresistable! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- Combine 1 cup pecans and bourbon; cover and let stand for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; stir in pecan mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until firm enough to shape into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- Dip in chocolate coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Bourbon Balls in Fresh Home Spring 2011
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Bourbon Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review