Daria's Best-Ever Sugar Cookies Recipe
After years of searching for the best sugar cookie recipe, believe me, this is it! Almond paste gives a hint of great flavor to these moist cookies with a subtle crunch. —Daria Burcar, Rochester, Michigan
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1/3 cup water
- Food coloring, coarse sugar and assorted sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat almond paste and egg yolks until crumbly. Add butter, sugar and salt; beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Divide into four portions; shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 3. Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For frosting, beat confectioners' sugar, meringue powder and water until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Color frosting if desired. Frost cookies; decorate with coarse sugar and sprinkles if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 13-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Daria's Best-Ever Sugar Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC