Daria's Best-Ever Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1/3 cup water
- Food coloring, coarse sugar and assorted sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, beat almond paste and egg yolks until crumbly. Add the butter, sugar and salt; beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Divide into four portions; shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat the confectioners' sugar, meringue powder and water until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Color frosting if desired. Frost cookies; decorate with coarse sugar and sprinkles if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 13-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Daria's Best-Ever Sugar Cookies(7)
Sort By :
We loved these sugar cookies! Turned out so good!
I line my cookie sheets with parchment paper. Cookies do not stick to the paper. And, it makes it so easy to transfer hot cookies to a cooling rack. My cookies do not burn when I bake them on parchment paper.
Great flavor for this cookie! I would suggest working with the dough quickly since it gets sticky as it warms. Use cookie cutters that don't have intricate parts since the dough can get stuck in them. I used basic shapes like trees, snow flakes and stars.
These are just awesome. The taste is something you just cant get with almond extract. Few ingedients and super easy. You do need to leave them on the pan for 2 minutes. It will help with the falling apart.
This was the best sugar cookie recipe! I followed the recipe and they came out perfect. I rolled to 1/4" and didn't over cook so they where nice and soft with slight crunch.I received many compliments and requests for this recipe ( I referred them to the Taste of Home website). This is the recipe I will reach for when I have to make cut out cookies for the holidays.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Best Sugar Cookie Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Sugar Cookies >
- Cookie Frosting >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting for Sugar Cookies >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Icing for Sugar Cookies >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >