Danish Rhubarb Pudding
This delicious pudding my grandmother used to make is one of my favorite traditional Danish dessert.—Kay Sundheim, Nashua, Montana
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Drain, reserving liquid; discard pulp. Measure 4 cups liquid; return
- to the pan.
- Add sugar; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until
- smooth; stir into rhubarb liquid. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until slightly thickened. Pour into individual dishes. Refrigerate
- for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.