Danish Raisin Ring Recipe
This is an old-fashioned recipe updated for the bread machine. Loaded with raisins and pecans, the nicely spiced coffee cake is scrumptious.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- GLAZE (optional):
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in pecans and raisins. Roll into a 14-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 3. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Pinch ends together to form a ring. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. If desired, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over top. Yield: 1 coffee cake.
Reviews for Danish Raisin Ring
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC