- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3-3/4 cups vanilla ice cream
- Fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter. In a small bowl, mix flour and 2 tablespoons sugar; add to egg mixture and mix well. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir batter. Fill a 1/4-cup measure three-fourths with batter; pour into center of pan. Quickly lift, tilt and rotate pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn pancake and cook 15-20 seconds longer or until bottom is cooked. Remove to a wire rack. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon sugar.
- Repeat with remaining batter and sugar, greasing pan as needed. When cool, stack pancakes with pieces of waxed paper or paper towels. Top each pancake with 3 tablespoons ice cream. Roll up; top with berries. Serve immediately. Yield: 20 filled pancakes.
Originally published as Danish Pancakes in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p76
Reviews for Danish Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review