- Punch dough down. Divide dough in half; refrigerate one half. On a
- well-floured surface, roll remaining half into a 15-in. x 6-in.
- Combine filling ingredients. Spread half of the filling down center
- of rectangle in a 2-in. strip. Fold sides of dough over filling;
- overlapping 1-1/2-in.; pinch edges to seal. Shape into an oval;
- pinch ends together. Place seam side down on a greased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15
- minutes. Combine confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla; spread
- over the kringles. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 2 kringles (10
- slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 268 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.