- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) macaroons, crushed
- 1 jar (10 ounces) currant jelly
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in macaroons. Cut each cake horizontally in half. Place one bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with half of pudding mixture. Top with another cake layer; spread with jelly. Top with another cake; spread with remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Frost top and sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Danish Christmas Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p90
Reviews forDanish Christmas Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review