Danish Apple Pizza Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Additional sugar, optional
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot water
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine milk and egg yolk; mix well. Gradually add to dry ingredients until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of pastry to fit an ungreased 13-in. pizza pan. Sprinkle with cornflakes. Top with apples. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over apples; cut slits in top. Seal pastry and flute edges if desired. Brush with beaten egg white. Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over pizza. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Danish Apple Pizza in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p65
Reviews for Danish Apple Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review