Caraway gives this special sandwich a very zippy taste. They are a lovely to serve for a luncheon when you are expecting guests.—Mrs. Wallace Carlson, Two Harbors, Minnesota
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup French salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread over cut sides of buns. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 sandwiches.
Originally published as Dandy Ham Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p41
Reviews for Dandy Ham Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2010
"My husbands aunt made these for Christmas. OMG amazing!"
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2008
"These are really good! I used sharp cheddar cheese and spicy French dressing and the sandwiches were very flavorful."