Caraway gives this special sandwich a very zippy taste. They are a lovely to serve for a luncheon when you are expecting guests.—Mrs. Wallace Carlson, Two Harbors, Minnesota
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup French salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread over cut sides of buns. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 sandwiches.
Originally published as Dandy Ham Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p41
Reviews for Dandy Ham Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2010
"My husbands aunt made these for Christmas. OMG amazing!"
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2008
"These are really good! I used sharp cheddar cheese and spicy French dressing and the sandwiches were very flavorful."