Dandy Corn Dogs
"These homemade corn dogs are a real treat," says Lauren Heyn of Oak Creek, Wisconsin. "The coating is tender and has the tangy taste of mustard."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 10 wooden skewers
- 10 hot dogs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in egg and
- milk just until moistened. Insert skewers into hot dogs; dip into
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 in. of oil to
- 375°. Fry corn dogs in batches for 5-8 minutes or until golden
- brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 10 servings.