- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 10 wooden skewers
- 10 hot dogs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in egg and milk just until moistened. Insert skewers into hot dogs; dip into batter.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry corn dogs in batches for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Dandy Corn Dogs in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p41
Reviews for Dandy Corn Dogs(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2013
It was pretty good, but after it started getting cold it kind of tasted yucky! I don't know why
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2012
This is a unique coating batter. It has dried mustard powder in the batter! Very easy to prepare, then fry in an electric skillet! YUM!!