This is one my favorite salads and it is so healthy for you! There are readily available and guests will be surprise how wonderful it tastes.Frances Sheridan Goulart, Weston, Connecticut
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups dandelion greens, torn
- 2 green onions or 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup grapefruit or tangerine sections or mandarin oranges
- Dandelion blossoms, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine
- dandelion greens and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Divide between two plates; arrange eggs and grapefruit sections over
- greens. If desired, top with dandelion blossoms. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: Verify that dandelion greens haven't been treated with lawn-care chemicals. When dandelions aren't in season, you can substitute fresh spinach for the greens.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 166 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.