Dandelion Salad Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups torn dandelion greens or arugula
- 2 green onions or 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup grapefruit or tangerine sections
- Dandelion blossoms, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine dandelion greens and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Arrange eggs and grapefruit sections over greens. If desired, top with dandelion blossoms. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Dandelion Salad(1)
Sort By :
I made this salad plate to demonstrate at a woman's meeting that hosted a guest speaker that talked about pioneer kitchens. Dandelions were used by early pioneers in the west. Most were surprised that the greens were not bitter at all (which was a surprise for those who had never tasted the greens.) I tried to duplicate the picture as close as possible and it was a beautiful plate! I used tangarine slices a my fruit of choice.