Dandelion Potato Salad Recipe
Friends and family will love the crunchy produce in this tasty potato salad. Dandelion leaves are a deliciously different addition in spring.
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes (about 4 large)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups diced onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups snipped dandelion greens
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- Place potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar, flour, vinegar and mustard until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add onions; cook 2 minutes longer. Drain potatoes; add onion mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, celery salt, garlic powder, pepper and remaining salt. Add to potato mixture; toss to coat.
- Peel eggs. Chop 3 eggs; slice 1 egg for topping. Add chopped egg, dandelion leaves, peppers and pickle relish to potato salad; stir just until combined. Top with sliced egg; sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Dandelion Potato Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p226
Reviews for Dandelion Potato Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review