Dandelion Chicken Soup Recipe
This creamy soup is a great way to celebrate the end of winter. Fix a batch soon...I guarantee you'll have compliments cropping up like weeds.—Mary Ellen Dycus, Leland, Mississippi
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice mix
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 cups torn dandelion greens
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, combine soup and water. Add rice and chicken; heat through. Add dandelion greens; cook until tender, about 6-8 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 138 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC