- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice mix
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 cups torn dandelion greens
- Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, combine soup and water. Add rice and chicken; heat through. Add dandelion greens; cook until tender, about 6-8 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Dandelion Chicken Soup
"Dandelion greens are good in salad also. My Grama served them with a hot bacon dressing. NOTE: pick the leaves before the stems and flowers grow. Younger leaves are tender. BE SURE NO CHEMICALS have been used on your yard or wherever you're picking them."
"this scared me because i allways thought of dandelions as weeds, so i thought YUCK!! but.... it was really good. my yard is full of those pesty things, now i know of a good way to utilize them lol!!!"