Dancing Mummies Recipe
Use a gingerbread boy cookie cutter to make these Halloween mummy cookies. —Dore' Merrick Grabski, Utica, New York
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Candy buttons and black decorating gel
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. dancing gingerbread boy-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. For mummy bandages, pipe frosting using basket weave pastry tip #47. Add candy buttons and decorating gel for eyes. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Dancing Mummies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC