- 1 beef flank steak (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- With a meat fork, poke holes in both sides of meat. Make a paste with garlic, seasoned salt and red pepper flakes; rub over both sides of meat. Place the steak in a resealable gallon-size plastic bag. Add Worcestershire sauce and close bag. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, uncovered over hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Dan's Peppery London Broil
Sort By :
Flavor was good and marinade was easy. I made Cuban Chimichurri to go with it and it was delicious. That's recipe can be found on Taste of Home as well.
Excellent served with 'Steakhouse Mushrooms,' another recipe on this website.
Ton of flavor and well received. Would marinate it next time for longer than 4 hours, though. Mine was kinda tough, but that's London Broil for ya. Still has 5 stars for flavor.