I was bored making the usual London broil, so I got a little creative and sparked up the flavor with crushed red pepper, garlic and Worcestershire sauce.—Dan Wright, San Jose, California
- 1 beef flank steak (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- With a meat fork, poke holes in both sides of meat. Make a paste with garlic, seasoned salt and red pepper flakes; rub over both sides of meat. Place the steak in a resealable gallon-size plastic bag. Add Worcestershire sauce and close bag. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, uncovered over hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Dan's Peppery London Broil in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p16
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Dan's Peppery London Broil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review