Daisy Tea Biscuits Recipe
For a unique biscuit to serve at your next get-together, try this recipe. The petals of the flowers added an extra special touch.—Jeanne Nakjavani, Alfred, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:12-14 servings
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup half-and-half cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh daisy petals
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Sift flour; measure and sift again with baking powder, soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add cream and daisy petals, mixing just enough to moisten. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead quickly 8 to 10 times. Pat or roll out to desired thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter. Bake on greased baking sheet 10 to 15 minutes. Yield: 12 to 14 biscuits.
1 serving (1 each) equals 170 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC