Daisy Tea Biscuits
For a unique biscuit to serve at your next get-together, try this recipe. The petals of the flowers added an extra special touch.Jeanne Nakjavani, Alfred, New York
12-14 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup half-and-half cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh daisy petals
- Preheat oven to 450°. Sift flour; measure and sift again with
- baking powder, soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles
- coarse cornmeal. Add cream and daisy petals, mixing just enough to
- moisten. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead quickly 8 to
- 10 times. Pat or roll out to desired thickness. Cut with biscuit
- cutter. Bake on greased baking sheet 10 to 15 minutes. Yield: 12 to
- 14 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 170 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.