Daisy Tea Biscuits Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup half-and-half cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh daisy petals
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Sift flour; measure and sift again with baking powder, soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add cream and daisy petals, mixing just enough to moisten. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead quickly 8 to 10 times. Pat or roll out to desired thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter. Bake on greased baking sheet 10 to 15 minutes. Yield: 12 to 14 biscuits.
1 each: 170 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Daisy Tea Biscuits
"Is it possible to obtain a full copy of the Daisy Tea Biscuits recipe with phots? It appeared in the 6/3/2009 issue of Taste of Home. Thank you."