Dairy Kugel Recipe
Kugel is served often in our region. It's really rich and tastes like cheesecake.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing YIELD:15-20 servings
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs for 3-4 minutes or until thickened and lemon-colored. Beat in the cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in noodles.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over noodle mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 15-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 244 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC