- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs for 3-4 minutes or until thickened and lemon-colored. Beat in the cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over noodle mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Reviews for Dairy Kugel
Sort By :
Not that good. The apricot kugel on this site is MUCH better.
I'd entered this recipe in the "Oodles of Noodles" cooking contest in Taste of Home. In 2002, I heard from Country Extra that it was an Honorable Mention! I was thrilled to hear about that! delowenstein
This is my recipe & I've made it MANY times!
It wins raves from my family-I make it for the Passover & Rosh Hashanah holidays with my family!
It IS VERY rich & does taste like cheesecake! A friend gave me the recipe
& I've used the recipe since!
Dawn E. Lowenstein