Dairy Hollow House Herbal Cooler
For a refreshing tasting drink for your next summer party, try this drink. Everyone will be asking for the recipe.—Dairy Hollow House, Tina Plowman, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 bags Red Zinger tea
- 1 quart (4 cups) boiling water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 4-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- Mint sprig to garnish
- Steep tea in boiling water in a large container; cool until lukewarm.
- Discard tea bags.
- Add the apple juice concentrate, cold water, and orange and lemon
- slices. Chill thoroughly. Serve coolers over ice with a sprig of
- mint. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 53 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.