Dairy Hollow House Almond Pie Recipe
At the Dairy Hollow House, a popular country inn and restaurant I ran with my husband, Ned, we enjoyed serving food that went beyond one region or nationality. California almonds add a delicious twist to this Southern recipe. We've since turned Dairy Hollow House into a non-profit writers' colony.—Crescent Dragonwagon, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat until golden brown. Cool. In a large bowl, beat eggs blended. Add the sugar, corn syrup, honey, extracts, salt and melted butter. Stir in almonds; pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 560 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Dairy Hollow House Almond Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC