You definitely need a knife and fork to dig into these piled-high burgers. They make a tasty luncheon meal. - Ruby Berry, Brandenton, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup prepared coleslaw salad dressing
- 4 thick slices bread, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- 8 slices unpeeled cucumber
- 4 slices dill pickle
- 4 pitted jumbo ripe olives
- 1/4 cup salad dressing of your choice, optional
- Shape beef into four patties. Broil 4-in. from the heat or cook in a
- large skillet over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until
- a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear; drain.
- Spread coleslaw dressing over bread. Top each slice with a beef
- patty, bacon, cheese, tomato, onion, two cucumber slices, pickle and
- olive. Secure with a toothpick. Serve with additional salad dressing
- if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Vary the flavor of Dagwood Burgers by combining different salad dressings and cheese. For instance, pair Thousand Island with Swiss, ranch with American or creamy Italian with mozzarella.