- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup prepared coleslaw salad dressing
- 4 thick slices bread, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- 8 slices unpeeled cucumber
- 4 slices dill pickle
- 4 pitted jumbo ripe olives
- 1/4 cup salad dressing of your choice, optional
- Shape beef into four patties. Broil 4-in. from the heat or cook in a large skillet over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear; drain.
- Spread coleslaw dressing over bread. Top each slice with a beef patty, bacon, cheese, tomato, onion, two cucumber slices, pickle and olive. Secure with a toothpick. Serve with additional salad dressing if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dagwood Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p106
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Dagwood Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review