Earleen Lillegard's been making her savory flowers for well over 25 years now. "They're always a hit, whether I take them to church gatherings or make them for my grandchildren," she pens from Prescott, Arizona. "In addition to the filling I share here, the biscuits taste good when stuffed with egg salad or vegetables.—Earleen Lillegard, Prescott, Arizona
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Dash salt
- Dash white pepper
- Separate each biscuit into three equal layers. Place 1 in. apart on
- greased baking sheets. With a kitchen shears or sharp knife, cut
- eight slits a third of the way toward center to form petals. Make a
- deep thumbprint in the center of each.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Place heaping
- teaspoonfuls of creamed cheese mixture in the center of each
- biscuit. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.