Daddy's Omelet Recipe
- 1/4 cup each diced green pepper, onion and mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In an 8-in. skillet, saute green pepper, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet. Cook over medium heat; as eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetables and cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Daddy's Omelet
"I really liked all of the flavors that melded together in this omelet. I added a little extra cheese, just because I'm a cheese-aholic. I will be making these again!"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.