"Omelets are one of my husband's specialties," relates Glenn Powell of Havana, Florida. "His fast-to-fix filling of fresh-tasting vegetables and cheese adds a one-of-a-kind taste the whole family enjoys."
- 1/4 cup each diced green pepper, onion and mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In an 8-in. skillet, saute green pepper, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet. Cook over medium heat; as eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetables and cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Daddy's Omelet in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Daddy's Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2014
"I really liked all of the flavors that melded together in this omelet. I added a little extra cheese, just because I'm a cheese-aholic. I will be making these again!"