"Omelets are one of my husband's specialties," relates Glenn Powell of Havana, Florida. "His fast-to-fix filling of fresh-tasting vegetables and cheese adds a one-of-a-kind taste the whole family enjoys."
- 1/4 cup each diced green pepper, onion and mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In an 8-in. skillet, saute green pepper, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet. Cook over medium heat; as eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetables and cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Daddy's Omelet in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Daddy's Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review