A dad-pleasing day is guaranteed when these breakfast burritos are on the menu. He’ll love the peppery eggs mixed with potatoes, onions, corn, beans and seasonings in an overstuffed tortilla and smothered in cheese.—Stacey Nerness, Spencer, Iowa
Featured In: Breakfast Burrito Recipes
- 10 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Place the potatoes, bay leaves and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and discard bay leaves.
- In a large skillet, cook the green and red peppers, onion and potatoes in 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the beans, corn, jalapeno, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and remaining salt; heat through.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add eggs. Cook and stir until almost set. Add to potato mixture.
- Spoon 1 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Dad's Ultimate Breakfast Burritos in Country Woman June/July 2012, p41
Reviews for Dad's Ultimate Breakfast Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review