Dad's Ultimate Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 10 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Place the potatoes, bay leaves and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and discard bay leaves.
- In a large skillet, cook the green and red peppers, onion and potatoes in 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the beans, corn, jalapeno, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and remaining salt; heat through.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add eggs. Cook and stir until almost set. Add to potato mixture.
- Spoon 1 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Dad's Ultimate Breakfast Burritos in Country Woman June/July 2012, p41
Reviews for Dad's Ultimate Breakfast Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review