Dad's Quick Bagel Omelet Sandwich
I wrap these tasty breakfast sandwiches in aluminum foil and hand them out as the kids run for the school bus! —Andrew Nodolski, Williamstown, New Jersey
Want more recipes to inspire your morning? Take a peek at our Best Breakfasts and Brunches Guide
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 plain bagels, split
- 4 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Whisk the
- eggs, tomato, salt and pepper sauce. Add egg mixture to skillet
- (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. Cook until eggs are set. Meanwhile, heat
- bacon in the microwave and toast bagels if desired.
- Layer bagel bottoms with cheese. Cut omelet into fourths and serve on
- bagels with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 391 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 246 mg cholesterol, 1,097 mg sodium,