Dad's Quick Bagel Omelet Sandwich Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 plain bagels, split
- 4 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Whisk the eggs, tomato, salt and pepper sauce. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cook until eggs are set. Meanwhile, heat bacon in the microwave and toast bagels if desired.
- Layer bagel bottoms with cheese. Cut omelet into fourths and serve on bagels with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Dad's Quick Bagel Omelet Sandwich(7)
Sort By :
Quicker meal if you make use of the microwave! We toss two eggs into a small round container about the size of the bagel (hubby prefers English muffin) and zap on high for 2 minutes. Bacon/ham cooks in the microwave with the egg for the last 30 seconds. Very easy!!
Yummy in my tummy...and hey, a Dad who fixes his kids breakfast? 1,000 mg sodium or not, he's PRICELESS! GO DAD!!! :) :) :) These kids are being nourished on LOVE!!!
This is to die for!
I don't mean to be picky but I don't think that I would start my kids day off with something that has over 1,000 mg of sodium. Low sodium ham and egg substitute would be my choice.
I will make this recipe for my 9 year old daughter. She is not crazy about bagels, so will try croissants. Thank you.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >