Dad's Peach Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups pureed peaches or nectarines
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, heat milk to 175°. Stir in sugar and salt until dissolved. Gradually stir a quarter of the hot mixture into eggs, mixing constantly. Return all to the saucepan, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and the mixture coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; cool. Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cream, fruit, vanilla and almond extract if desired. Add the chilled milk mixture, stirring well.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Yield: 3 quarts.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 295 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Dad's Peach Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.