Dad's Peach Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups pureed peaches or nectarines
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, heat milk to 175°. Stir in sugar and salt until dissolved. Gradually stir a quarter of the hot mixture into eggs, mixing constantly. Return all to the saucepan, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and the mixture coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; cool. Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cream, fruit, vanilla and almond extract if desired. Add the chilled milk mixture, stirring well.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Yield: 3 quarts.
1/2 cup: 295 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (25g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Dad's Peach Ice Cream
"WOW this is REALLY, REALLY Yummy.....I used a soup ladel to transfer the hot mix into the eggs...I'm not left-handed so it was a little tricky...well worth the steps!!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.