Dad's Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Among Mother's old newspaper clippings and recipes scribbled on the back of envelopes, I came across this treasured recipe. It always gives me a warm feeling when I go through her recipe box, and I have fond memories of her baking these cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, cereal, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a fork.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 121 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Dad's Oatmeal Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC