Dad's Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, cereal, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Dad's Oatmeal Cookies(6)
Sort By :
This is really Nice recipe!!!
Great cookie, my third time to make them and I tweaked the recipe a bit. 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white, used special-k since I did not have bran, 1/2 cup white flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat, 1/4 cup ground flax seed,and 1/4 cup wheat germ. delicious!!
This is my second time to make these awesome cookies. I added 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon second time. These cookies store so well. I live in the jungle of Ecuador and it is hard to keep baked goods with mold, but these do well i airtight container.
I love this easy recipe, my parents used to drink raw eggs, so I dont worry about samonela....thanks for sharing this personal story...and recipe.