Dad's Lemony Grilled Chicken
Lemon juice, onions and garlic add tangy flavor to chicken when firing up the grill. — Mike Schulz, Tawas City, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8 chicken drumsticks (2 pounds)
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir
- in onions. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic
- bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain chicken, discarding marinade
- in bag. Place chicken on grill rack, skin side up. Grill, covered,
- over indirect medium heat 15 minutes. Turn; grill 15-20 minutes
- longer or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally
- with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken drumstick and thigh equals 528 calories, 39 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.