- 1 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8 chicken drumsticks (2 pounds)
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in onions. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Place chicken on grill rack, skin side up. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 15 minutes. Turn; grill 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Dad's Lemony Grilled Chicken(10)
Sort By :
Very tasty! I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and marinated overnight.
This came out moist and pleasant. I'm not sure that the marinade added as much flavor as I would have liked, but it was good.
This recipe was a hit in our house! I am so glad we tried it. I had my sister pick something for us to make for dinner and was kind of leery of the lemon chicken because normally I'm not a lemon fan but this surprised me and I loved it! We started it on the grill and had to finish it in the oven due to flare ups but it still turned out great! When we put it in the oven we dumped the remaining marinade on top and it was awesome! I made the recipe as listed except I didn't have quite the 2/3 cup of lemon juice. I used the juice of 4 fresh squeezed lemons. A great recipe that will make your family wanting more! We didn't have a piece leftover!
This is a variation of one of my own recipes, so I was already prepared to really enjoy it. Had to cut it down for two, very easy to do, and I did ours in the oven. Excellent.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >